Elements created in Dynamo dissappear in Revit after closing Dynamo

Hi! Why do elements created in Dynamo dissapear after closing Dynamo?
Thanks!

Hi @aga_cho, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Elements created in Dynamo shouldn’t disapear after closing Dynamo.

Please could you help us help you, by attaching a screen grab from your Dynamo graph (you can use the camera symbol)?

My first guess is that you are seeing Dynamo’s Revit Preview, which has blue lines… This does disappear when Dynamo is shut.

Hope that helps,

Mark

3 Likes

Hi @aga_cho ,

Adding to the explanation of Mark:
If you work in Dynamo with geometry, such as Solids, Curves, Points, etc., you are working in the Dynamo workspace, this is different from the Revit workspace.

You would first have to export the geometry from the Dynamo workspace into the Revit workspace. There are various nodes/ ways to do this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Mark.Ackerley,
exactly! What could be the reason why I can only see the preview? (I’m quite new to Revit). How can I fix it?
Thanks!

Hi @aga_cho,

It depends on quite what you are trying to do, I would recommend reading the primer :slight_smile: Dynamo for Revit | The Dynamo Primer

If you just want to bring in geometry, the simplest way is to generate a kind of Revit element using the ImportInstance.ByGeometry node…

There are other nodes which allow more control, but require more inputs, I most commonly use nodes from the Springs package…

If you find the background preview confusing, you can turn it off…

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

Mark