Element.OverrideInView Bug

Goodafternoon everyone,

I think i found a bug with the element.overrideinview node.
The script that i made will hide all the elements in the current view but when i want to use it again in a other view it won’t work and wil give met the error “Warning: Element.OverrideInView operation failed.
The view type does not support Visibility/Graphics Overriddes.”

The way my script find the elements is by searching with the spring node collect elements in view in a different 3D view which will have all elements of the project.

Can someone give me any advice so i can run the script multiple times instead of close the Revit model everytime i want to use this script in a view?

Try running it via Dynamo Player.

When i run it with dynamo player i get the same problem

What is the active view when you run it the second time?

when i run it a second time i set my active view on the next 3D view where i want to use this script.

Run in the Dynamo Player and click the refresh after each time you run it. The other thing you can do it connect a boolean to refresh on the springs.collector node. then just toggle between true and false each time you run the graph. (eg. run with true one time, and false the next)

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Jacob and Scrowe for replaying!
I don’t know exactly what the problem was but today it is working fine again en I will certainly refresh the dynamo player for every script I use from now on, just to be sure.