Clash detection script to identify the clash and visualize it using overrides in view node

Hello,
Here i have written the scrip to detect the clash of elements in revit and visualize them with using “OVERRIDE IN VIEW” node.
Everything goes fine. But the issue is if i remove the clash the overrides colors are not resetting to default.

Can anyone help me?

Here i am attaching the snapshot of revit and dynamo.

Thankyou.

4 Likes

You need to write another script that resets the overrides.

Hello,
still i was unable to reset the overrides to default. But to differentiate here i have given another color override to the elements which are clash free. its fine for now.

Here my question is:-
If at all i am not running the dynamo or closed dynamo then revit should work with default overrides. But here the overrides are not running with defaults. Its continuing with overrides which i have given in the dynamo.
how can i resolve it ?
Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Within a ‘reset script’ you could use the same selection criteria (or the all_elements_in_active_view node) to get your elements, then use the reset_overrides_in_view node from the #clockwork package.

So you would have two scripts, one to color, one to reset. And you could run them both from the dynamo player (if using revit 2017 or above)

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply @Ewan_Opie.
i got the node (reset_overrides_in_view) from #clockwork package. but its not working. still the overrides are not set to defaults. am using revit 2018.

please tell me if anything is helpful to me!

Thank you.

1 Like

yes! i got it!

by making few changes and using the reset_overrides_in_view node now am able to reset the overrides to defaults.

Thankyou @Ewan_Opie

2 Likes

Good to hear :slightly_smiling_face:
Are you able to post your solution for the benefit of others?

1 Like

Yes i will post my solution!

am unable to run multiple scrips at a time in single .dyn file which are not inter connected( individual scripts).

is there any solution for that?

It would be a matter of defining a split or isolation of a section of data that could prevent / enable the remaining portion of the script to run.

ezgif-1-843baf30a3

Dynamo player should be the best option for run-once repetitive task scripting though. :+1:

3 Likes

HELLO,
FINALLY I CAME TO KNOW HOW TO DETECT THE CLASHES AND DIFFERENTIATE WITH COLORS. AND ABLE TO SET THE OVERRIDES TO THE DEFAULT.

I HAVE RETURN THE TWO SCRIPTS ONE FOR CLASH B/W DUCTS AND PIPES(other service). AND ANOTHER FOR CLASH B/W PIPES(within the service). BOTH THE SCRIPTS RUNNING FINE INDIVIDUALLY. BUT AM NOT ABLE TO RUN BOTH SCRIPTS AT A TIME(once).

IT SHOULD DETECT ALL THE CLASHES AT A TIME.

HOW CAN I RUN MULTIPLE SCRIPTS AT A TIME(ONCE)…?

HELP ME!
HERE I AM ATTACHING THE SNAPSHOTS OF REVIT AND DYNAMO

BLUE ARROW IN IMAGE SHOWS THE PIPES CLASH WHICH IS NOT HIGHLIGHTED.

THANK YOU.

2 Likes

Try this:

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply @Thomas_Mahon.

Your suggestion helped me allot. now am able to identify all the clashes at a time.

Thank you.

Hi Ratnakar, I am trying to create your script for my use. Hence I downloaded Clockwork 1.x package. But unable to retrieve few nodes, Could you please provide Nodes if they are different to package names.

Thanks in Advance.

Hello @ThinkSmart saikiran,

Go with “RemoveListFromList” Node from "Rhythm " Package instead of “List.RemoveitemsFromOtherList” From “LSJ” Package.

You can find this “Element.IntersectsElement” Node from “BimorphNodes” Package

All the best.
Regards,
RATHNAKAR

Thanks @mrathnakar … I have cloned your script. Now am thinking about little more dynamic like avoiding manual effort for changing element categories and identifying clashes with linked models too… Do let me know if you already started working on that.

Cheers for your script and quick responses.

Regards,
Sai

Hi @ThinkSmart,
Yes we started using clash detection with linked model elements.
There are some custom nodes available to collect linked model elements as a input.

Regards,
RATHNAKAR.

1 Like

Hey @Ewan_Opie,
where can I find the Element.ResetOverride node? I have tried couple of #clockwork versions but could not find it… help please, I also need to get rid of the colour override as long as my entries have the correct input from Dynamo Player!!!dynfor

So long ago. :thinking:
Possibly well and truely depreciated / upgraded to the current version as the View.ResetElementOverrides node will do the trick as well.

As for your formatting for Dynamo player use, can you post what you have tried?

2 Likes

Concept is, I am controlling a specific type parameter and if the parameter do not meet the conditions, the elements are coloured orange! However, in Dynamo player as input the user has the possibility to automatically fill out all the listed elements. There is where I would like the reset overrides to work! I used an if statement after my boolean filtered list but it doesn’t seem to work!Check pictures further down, thanks in advace.

Can you please send me the Dyn file.so that i can check and revert back to you.