Element.Move by Orchid

Hi there! In Revit 2020 I’ve used Orchid Element.Move node to move model elements to different location. In Orchid 2.0.3 this node required vector as input, but in Orchid 216 there is a point needed.

When I used vector in Revit 2020, everything was moved perfectly. But now in Revit 2023 I can’t understand which point do I need to properly move elements?

OOTB node Element.MoveByVector doesn’t work as reliable as Orchid one.

@erfajo Could you please explain this? Thanks!

Where do you want to move it to?
The center of the line, the start of the line or the end of line?

You can retrieve a point from the vector :slight_smile:

I am trying to relocate almost all model elements, including grids. With vector I was able to set direction - from where to where I want to move elements. But how can I do it with point?

The point is the final location. You can either use the vector to move the initial location point or just get the end point of the curve if that’s what defines the move.

Yep, I have tried to use endpoint of curve as input to element.move node. But everything moved in totally wrong direction (y instead of x) and distance.

Hi @Andriy

Is something like this what you are looking for?

Hope this helps.

Or if you want to push them all in a positive direction you could do something like this.

Can you give us some more information? Where does the line come from? Where is the current object and where do you want to move it to? Have you confirmed your coordinate systems match?

I’m not sure, what you are trying to achieve, but anyways…

When you have an element with a location curve instead of location point, you can simply take the endpoint to your Element.Move.

There are two different Element.Move nodes in Orchid, one that uses a vector and another that uses the point. It looks like your feeding the node a vector but it’s looking for a point.

I’m trying to use the Element.Move node from Orchid in Revit 2023, Dynamo 2.13. However, I’m adjusting the lengths of multiple parts and trying to move them back to the center of their original location but the Element.Move node appeared to be moving all parts the distance of the XYZ values (ex. if the X was 23, it would move 23 feet in the X direction. I ended up subtracting the original point location from my new point location to get the appropriate distances to move.

I was getting a separate issue that was related to having a list of multiple point values, which ended up being resolved by adjusting the lacing as shown below.