Element.Geometry operation failed

Hi Dennis,
Correct me if i am wrong your issue is when the slab is being cut by some objects your not able to get geometry?

Yea, at least that is my current working theory. Since the element.geometry node works fine in the file by itself with nothing cutting it I would guess that that has something to do with it. Perhaps there is something irregular about the cutting elements in my project file

Looks like Element.Geometry is failing if you have an interior opening on a slab with an elliptical sketch. Urgg. Sorry, we’ll get on it.

@Zach_Kron,

This geometry doesn’t have any interior opening, yet the operation for element.geometry seems also failed?

This is Dynamo 1.2

pavilion.rfa (416 KB)

Elliptical interior openings are just one of the known reasons that cause Element.Geometry to fail. It fails otherwise too.

I sometimes manage to get it to work by altering the geometry a little.

my guess here is a conical face :slight_smile: or wacky edge loop, thanks for the .rfa.

I’m bumping this topic. Having the same issue
Any updates on the cause?

Hi guys¡ I have had this problem many times…In my case i have the problem when i select the geometry that u can see on the right side…does any one have a solution?

Thanks¡¡

Hi @JAVIER_FQG

Could you please create new thread and drop your files there. Thanks :slight_smile:

Any update on this? I have a sloping curved roof I am trying to import to dynamo.

Hi guys

Same problem here. Trying to import slab geometry and seems like something is causing problems.

To quote Kulkul:

There are a multitude of reasons this happens and often there is some manor of work around, but without a graph example and the Revit geometry to test we can’t help our much or even confirm that you’re dealing with a bug or just a bad graph.

1 Like

Parts.dyn (9.2 KB)

I am importing the Parts from Walls into Dynamo and ran into the same issue. I couldn’t see any visible null values yet the error shows up.

P.S: I have tried to upload the rvt file several times and yet it doesn’t show up in the post even after it says uploaded. I am using the “Commercial_Sample_Project.rvt” provided by Autodesk during installation.

1 Like

I am having a very similar issue as @Rabindra_Adhikari. I am trying to select the surfaces of walls and get this error. Any resoluation?

Issue still exists in Revit 18.3.1.2 20180423_1000(x64) 2018.3.1 and Dynamo 1.3.3.4651 - geometry looks fairly simple, holes are cut with a face hosted family…

Error message is : Warning: Element.get_Solids operation failed.
trim_with_edge_loops requires all curves to touch surface

To quote myself:

In your new post, please include both your rvt with the geometry which is failing, and the dyn you are using.

New users cannot upload attachments says the system - so please find my sample files here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xj4D95MysQPpmPqZ4p3flVZvVAB2BbDv

got this problem too~~~:sob:

A post was split to a new topic: Get solid and geometry from the large floors