Revit Floor getting the Element.Geometry problem

Hi there and a happy new year 2018,

I starting with a, maybe, old problem. I select a floor by “Select Model Element” and want to export this floor in a .SAT File for our CNC-Machine. I get an error with the “Element.Geometry” Node. I saw I’m not the only one with this problem but still couldn’t find an answer. Is it possible to convert a floor Systemfamily into a solid?

Cheers,

Ani

Could you show us the error of the “Element.Geometry”-node?

Yes, you mean this…

well…my node works
Have you tryed to restart Revit and Dynamo?

Yes I did, multiple times. Did you select a floor, because I think those are making trouble…

ok/ yes i selected a floor/ sorry…can’t help you

How does your floor look like?

Post a revit file with the offending floor and the DYN. It may be that the selected floor has bogus geometry.

It does not depend on the geometry I think it is just the type floor… I’m using Revit 2017.2. Here are the examples:xxx.dyn (9.3 KB)
Projekt_Floor.rvt (1.6 MB)

@Annie_74
Im not shure what is work correctly but try:

import clr
clr.AddReference('RevitNodes')
import Revit
clr.ImportExtensions(Revit.Elements)
clr.ImportExtensions(Revit.GeometryConversion)
OUT = [UnwrapElement(i).ToProtoType(True) for i in IN[0]]

one moment:

at second geometry floor you catch this error
Traceback (most recent call last):
** File “”, line 6, in **
StandardError: Unable to trim surface as the input loop geometry could be illegal

hm, it works with simple geometry but I still have problems with curves like you… Is there no way to convert a floor element into a “dynamo” solid. Maybe I should try this with C# and not with Dynamo. I need to export this complex floor geometry into single dxf oder .sat files for the CNC machine… maybe I should group them first and then save the group as .rvt and then export as dxf… but I think those are to many steps between. I’ll think about this over the weekend. Thanks for your support so far.

Yes, my answer its not solution for you )

you may to try get floor curves end extrude them - you take that geometries … but it’s a long and bad way, I think exist a solution easier

you could try this:

@Fiesta
Good Idea!)

@Annie_74
I think this real solution for you from @Fiesta )

Thank you @Fiesta. This is really a great idea, now it works!