Electrical Load Classifications not showing up with Element.GetParameterValueByName

Currently using Revit 2018.3, Dynamo 1.3.3.4111

I am trying to have Dynamo get the Load Classification parameter from all my project’s Electrical Circuits but even though the parameter is there and both Revit and Dynamo can see it, I cannot get it to come up using Element.GetParameterValueByName. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know how I could even begin to fix this?

Regards,
Carlos

Weird. Works for me.

What do the properties look like in Revit? Do you have multiple elements with different load classes on the same circuit? Can you try a circuit with a single element?

Hi Carlos!

What happens when you use the getparameterbyname node instead of the get parameter value? This will output the parameter name and parameter value. Maybe this output will clarify what goes wrong here.

What do you mean by “What do the properties look like in Revit”? Correct me if I’m wrong but Load Classification is a system property and I don’t think I’m able to do much other than just add or subtract load types.

I just set up a project with a single panel and a receptacle and I get the same result, see attached.

I just meant in the properties panel. I know it’s showing up correctly with Element.Parameters but I was just curious if it looked the same in Revit.

Can you get the value from the parameter?

@Marijn

Parameter.ParameterByName seems to be able to output the Load Classification just fine.

But can you get the value from it?

Well, yes I can. Thanks for the work around! Any ideas as to what could be causing this issue? Could it be something with the Revit project? Other projects do not give me this issue.

Could just be a minor corruption. I wouldn’t worry about it too much at this point.