How to edit electrical load classifications?

I managed to isolate load classifications for some receptacles as shown below. My question is: how can I change the load class to something else (i.e. general lighting -> lighting)? You can see how it dosen’t show the name of the load class; it just shows the id number and how its a load class. Any help is appreciated.

Do you want to change the name of the classification or change the classification to another option?

If you want to change the name, as a start try sending the classification elements into an element.parameters node, that should get you started.

If you want to change the value, find the element with the name you’re after, and feed that as the value for an element.setparametervaluebyname node.

Sorry, I am a newb to this forum so please bare with me…

I am trying to update the load classification through dynamo also, but this solution doesn’t seem to work. W want to pass a string value through to this parameter, but it wont take it, it wont take a number value either…

When I return the parameter value by name, it returns “ElectricalLoadClassification 1284514”…

The Parameter.UnitType returns UT_Number!

Capture|690x416

Just commenting on this so it will hopefully put it back in the recents and maybe someone will have a solution. I am currently dealing with the same exact problem and will get back on here if I somehow manage to figure it out.

1 Like

When I run this script in the family document it works as intended, when I run the script outside of the family document I get the error, “Warning: Parameter.SetValue operation failed. Element id does not represent either a valid element in the document or InvalidElementId. Parameter name: value.” I assume this is because the element id of the electrical load classification is different when I am running it in my model opposed to when I run it in the family document. Any suggestions on how to go about fixing this.

This worked for me