Editing Text Inside Loaded Family

Dear Experts,
Is it possible to edit (modify) text inside Loaded Family (Titleblock) by using Dynamo?
Thanks.

yes, it’s possible if it’s a parametric and by changing the respective parameter.

1 Like

You need it to be a label not text and linked to shared parameter. Which is shared by the project and the family. If you Google these terms ‘revit label’ and ‘shared parameters’ you should get more information about how to achieve this. But it is completely possible.

1 Like

You could also have Dynamo open th efamily document and make the desired modification if there is a non-parameter change, such as a font to update.

2 Likes

Hello Jacob,
what kind of nodes or script you can suggest in order to open family, edit text note inside it and load it back to Revit project?
I did not find any specific solution for this method :frowning:

I would write my own Python code for this. There are several examples of opening a family document, doing something, and loading it back in on the forum which you can use to start with. Editing a text note can be done via API call as well, but you’ll want to make sure you select the right one.

All of this said, I wouldn’t spend any time on this as any family with text that needs to change should have the text replaced by a shared parameter and then loaded in over the previous one. It’s a ‘do this once and use it forever’ task which means the time to automate it will never be recovered - there are better uses of your time as a result.

Why do you think you have to change this many times?

1 Like