Editing family properties straight away from Dynamo

Hi guys,

Is it possible to edit the family properties straight from dynamo without drop the family into revit model?

This is my situation.
I want to edit a family size called ‘deckenoffnung rechteckig’. In order to edit the Height and Width of this family i have to put the family into the revit model first, but i dont want that. What I have in mind, I want to edit this family properties straight away from dynamo.

p/s : Yes i can edit it manually in Revit, but in term of curiousity. Is it possible to edit straight away from dynamo and use it for the other purpose.

Thank you guys :smiley:

Hi @EmirHM
You could try this https://datashapes.gitbook.io/primer/revit/set-active-family-parameter-by-name

Im sorry. Somehow its doesnt work.

I may have misunderstood. Et seems like you are in the project environment here.

Maybe my explaination is quite random. So i attached this piture to make it more clear.

This family type is require a host in order to work. As you see Im using spring node to attach this Family to the wall. (picture 1)

As you see the result of this, the family default size (blue colour) is huge. I want to achieve the size (red colour) without placing the family first in revit. I want to change it directly from dynamo.

Thank you ))

@Eeins That node from spring nodes returns the family instance. You can use a setParameterValueByName node on it to set the family instances height/width after it’s placed

You could get all the types from the family, and edit the type parameters there.