Editing Corridor/Subassembly Parameters from excel

Assembly Parameters export.dyn (39.3 KB)
Hello, I have this script which exports the assembly parameters to excel , how can I make it the other way around. I want to import from this excel and change the parameters in excel and import them so that they are changed in civil 3d Corridor ?
Is there any node any way I can do that ?

After importing the data, some magic with the lists (for e.g transpose if needed, sort stations to select appliedassemblies at station etc.) and for changing the parameters you can use the AppliedSubassembly.SetParameterByName OOTB node.

1 Like

A.xlsx (10.1 KB)
I have those parameters in my assembly and in my excel file , my problem is not knowing how I can link them to the excel sheet in a way that when I change the excel sheet in the applied subassembly will change
working on.dyn (56.7 KB)
This is the dynamo script do you know what am I missing ?
The above part is for exporting
The downside is for importing
Thanks

I’m not sure if I understand what do you really need. From your script I guess you have problem with the import itself. I use the OpenXML node because I don’t have 64bit excel right now, but you can achieve this with the import.excel node as well.

hello thanks for the reply I have the parameters of the subassembly names and values in excel , I want to be able to change the values in excel and when I import them from excel to civil 3D the values are changed .
Can that be achieved
Again much appreciated

its seems like this a way I can link excel data, but How can I change the assembly parameters from this excel sheet , forgive my ignorance I’m not an expert in dynamo

I’m not familiar with excel node packages, or excel programming, so I’m not sure how this is possible in a single run, but you can split the script into two (import, export) and change the excel values manually in excel between the two runs.

Thanks a lot , I’ll try to see what I can do . Appreciate the help though

@ahmadkhalaf7892 if your problem is to update the subassembly parameters, try to use the following nodes (assuming you imported the excel data correctly, just use it as inputs for the nodes below). If this works, you just have to update the excel file and then run the dynamo script again to update the subassembly parameters.

This would help me get the data from the excel file ? I’ll try it now and see what is missing

Excel Subassembly V1.dyn (63.6 KB)
Just in case anyone needed the script in the future ,
Thanks for the help guys

4 Likes