Dyno Browser for all versions of Revit

Hi everyone,

Quick question that I am struggling to find an answer to, but in my testing does not seem like it can be done.
Is it possible to have multiple versions of Dyno installed, say 0.9.0 and 1.0.1, and have the 0.9.0 install running on Revit 2017,2018 & 2019 and the 1.0.1 install running on Revit 2020 & 2021?
I have tried installing 1.0.1 and it seems to overwrite the previous version, which means it doesn’t work on Revit versions prior to 2020.
Does anyone know if there is a way to run them concurrently?

1 Like

Dyno is developed by Prorubim independently from DynamoDS. You will probably have more luck asking them directly.
@Aleksey_Lobanov

1 Like

Thanks very much Tomasz, appreciate that!

I would love to know if you have any luck Sigma, i’m needing to do the same thing. At the moment it looks like v0.9.0 works with R2020 but it does not recognise R2021.

Hi ppittas,

I will let you know if I get a response!

Hi,

I still have got no response yet, I have also tried mailing them directly. Does anyone here perhaps know if this can be done?

I tried emailing them directly too but no response. I haven’t been able to find any info regarding this either.

I am intersted in an asnwer too :slight_smile:
Thank you !

I have successfully deployed both 0.9.0 and 1.0.1 on dozens of computers. The trick is as follows:

1. Install 0.9.0
  2. Rename C:\Program Files\Dyno to something else, I use Dyno090.
  3. Install 1.0.1
  4. Rename C:\Program Files\Dyno to something else, I use Dyno101.
  5. In C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\20##, you need to edit each Dyno20##.addin file.
    a. Open .addin file in Notepad and change the directory in the Assembly to match your new folder name.
5 Likes

Hi LeeFried,

Awesome, thanks very much for the tip, I’ll give it a go and let you know. Thanks again!

Good news seems like Dyno Browser got a new update. I’m about to test it but I assume it can detect Dynamo 2.6 in 2021 now.

1 Like

It works really good! Thanks a lot, it is an amazing workaround!

Chur badaaaaaaaa

We abandoned DynoBrowser in favor of Orkestra.