Dyno Browser with Revit 2023

Anyone able to get the dyno Browser to work in Revit 2023 (Works in 2019 Thru 2022) I seem to have stuck myself myself into relying on it because of ease of use. I love the Revit Ribbon added with ease. does anyone have an alternate or have a way of making it work?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Not sure it’s updated for 2023 yet, but pyRevit can put dynamo scripts on toolbars and much more. I’m 100% confident it will support 2023 in near future if not yet, the author is very dedicated. I believe Prorubim has had some disruptions from the goingons over on their side of the world as well, so suspect dyno wont be of high priority right now.

1 Like

interesting I cant get py-revit to work on 2023 as well

I’d say Ehsan’s still working on it as Revit 2023 only just came out. Addins typically need a fair bit of work to support new builds, but I reckon the next release of pyrevit might be for 2023 as well based on my discussions with Ehsan last month.

Most firms hold off on new releases for a few months at least, and addin version lag is often one reason for this.

2 Likes

I did get py revit to work with a little tweek to the code

installed pyRevit_4.8.10.22040_signed.exe

here is the string to fix it

1 Like

Spam Alert :wink: Have a look also to our free Addin in Autodesk App Store. Two clicks to integrate your Dynamo scripts as a Revit buttons and it is fully compatible with Revit 2023

yea never though to it like that. I am going to look into the pyrevit way (fingers crossed) the Nonica Tab it to expensive for what I need.

Another Dyno Browser user here.
I tried your free panel - very positive emotions! Baked in icons is an awesome decision.
I got some issues with minimizing this icon in the quick access panel.

Also was not able to apply a script to selected elements as I used to.

Thanks for your message @daniilZSZ8N ! We are glad to see that you are using NonicaTab.

We will review why icons are not displayed properly in the top mini toolbar and it will be fixed in coming new versions.

Additionaly, if you want to input elements into your Dynamo scripts, you have two options:
-Use data shapes package to select them on the run.
-Use the PRO version which will detect nodes marked as IsInput and ask for values before running the script.

Hope this helps.

Wow was the better than I expected just watched these videos (Thank you GavinCrump)and had my tool bar up and running in no time. Thank you pyRevit https://www.notion.so/Install-pyRevit-98ca4359920a42c3af5c12a7c99a196d

Web Link 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkNMGk_aXsg
Web Link 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn2nWN24Fo8

P.S. install pyrevit at your own risk just because it worked for me doesn’t mean it is for everyone. (with that said the tools are incredible)

2 Likes

The minor issue of icons not displayed in the quick access toolbar has been solved in the latest version of NonicaTab FREE. You can find it published in Autodesk App Store. Thanks @daniilZSZ8N !

Hello Jarod,

I’m curious to know how did you deal with multiline tooltip? I tried as image below, or \n syntax but no luck.
tooltip

can you elaborate on the question.
Screenshot 2022-12-08 162014

Enter the title like this in the bundle.

title: >-
  Line1

line2

1 Like

Thank you for replying!

The syntax you gave worked fine. I also found this guide: https://yaml-multiline.info/ for multiline strings in YAML format. So we can try many different ways to achieve the same result.

2 Likes

Hi All. I’m grappling with the same issue and looking to transfer some of our tools from Dyno to PyRevit. Does anyone have some good guidance on how to get these .yaml files adjusting the type of input the script is supposed to receive? For instance in my old .dpr I had the line:
“useSelected”:“Select Model Elements”,
… This was so multiple lines could be selected. I’ve had a hunt through the PyRevit documentation but haven’t been able to find an equivalent. For my single selection scripts PyRevit buttons just seem to work - but for multiple element selections it doesn’t seem to… Any advice would be appreciated.

pyRevit isn’t really made to support Dynamo inputs, only with Data Shapes as a front end. Ultimately it’s intended that the scripts you give pyRevit are generally authored in Python itself. Further questions about pyRevit beyond this point are best made over at the pyRevit forums:

In giving a short pseudo solution, you can limit what a Python based script in pyRevit expects using bundle context, so it will grey out the button in the ribbon until a condition is met (e.g. a selection contains just walls). You can read about it here:

If you want tuneable inputs for a tool like Dyno, I would suggest looking into Nonica or Orkestra, which both have support for these features:

Nonica is best suited to small to medium use cases, whilst Orkestra targets large and firm wide scale.

Also we have Relay:
GitHub - johnpierson/Relay: Relay allows for you to add Dynamo graphs to your Revit ribbon.

1 Like

Also noting they recommend Data Shapes and in larger scenarios Orkestra on their Notion: