Dynaoplayer input does not work

Hello, i have few dynamomacros and i use them with the dynamoplayer with some input fields. Since one week ago dynamoplayer says that “there are no input-blocks” (before the same macros worked fine), but there are some blocks inside the macros, also the checkbock “input” is on. do you have any ideas how this will work as before. ? thank you

Try to rename the nodes which are marked as inputs, sometimes it helps

What version of Dynamo/Revit are you using? I’ve noticed the same since doing the Revit 2024.2 update…

This graph has 2 inputs and they were working in Dynamo 2.18 for Revit 2024.1

Also, renaming inputs and creating new inputs does nothing.

i think it was also since the update, which was last week, i use Revit 2024.2 ,
grafik

Try creating a new string node, marking it as an input, and naming it “let me see if this fixes anything”, and if it does we can narrow it down to an upgrade issue. If not, we go back to the drawing board…

i renamed every inputnodes, and also i created a new block with input but it does not work, dynamoplayer tells me that there are no input blocks

Ok, need to get detailed and loop in development. Please post the impacted .dyn here, or to a new support case at manage.Autodesk.com.

i got the message that “new users can not upload attachments”, so i try it at manage. autodesk.com

Ok - I’ll boost your trust level so you can post here for future stuff. :slight_smile:

Did this get resolved? I am experiencing the same issue, with no ability to access inputs from dynamo player.

@jacob.small

yes it is solved, i got the answer from the autodesk support to add a watch node inside the script and give them the property “is output” and then it should work…

That does indeed solve the issue, how strange.

I assume this is not the intended behaviour and will be resolved in further updates @jacob.small ?

It’s likely that there is a change between dynamo file formats, where properties of the graph are presented in one way, but are saved in another way during the editing process and without a change to that section of the graph (new input or output) the flags aren’t getting set to the new standard.

That said, I can’t confirm without a file in a before and after state, so best to work though the support ticket which was started as it has the context which I lack (I am no longer in the support org so I can’t see tickets anymore).

1 Like

Ok will do, thanks for your thoughts!

1 Like