Dynamo won't launch

Hi,
For some unknown reason Dynamo suddenly doesn’t launch from inside Revit.
It worked fine until couple of days ago and since yesterday morning it only opens a blank window which shows on the task bar but I can’t actually open when clicking on it.

Searched the internet for solutions but nothing seems to help.
Also tried uninstalling everything Dynamo related and reinstalling the latest version.
When that didn’t work, I tried installing the first one i had…
Nothing!

I’m using Revit 2016 and the Dynamo versions I tried are 1.3 and 1.3.2.

Would appreciate any help.
Ifat.

2 Likes

Hi @ifatERWP9

Could you show us screenshot of it?

1 Like

@ifatERWP9 Completely uninstall dynamo Core and Dynamo Revit and also its registries. And re-install back dynamo.

1 Like

Thank’s for the help! Worked perfectly :slight_smile:

Dynamo%20Open

Dynamo may load off-screen so try to maximize the window by right clicking on it and then selecting maximize.

40 Likes

Hi all,
Oh my god! The issue is back!!

I have uninstalled Dynamo and Dynamo core and reinstalled everything a few times and also deleted the Dynamo file in program files, but seems like I don’t remember how to clean all the registries because nothing helps.
Any guidance about that?

Thank,
Ifat.

1 Like

This works ! Thanks for saving my time.

Thank you so much! I was uninstalling and reinstalling dynamo for so many times, did not work. Almost can’t believe it was this easy. I feel stupid now.

This works! Thanks!

Thank you

Hahaha , Thank you :smiley:

Jesus! Thx for that, I was just about to uninstall Dynamo completely and try reinstalling…

Perfect

It works! Great solution!

Hi. In my case, Dynamo is no longer launching. I tried Maximizing before launching Dynamo and did not work. After launching it is not possible to maximize since Dynamo is not even loading. Any idea what could be the issue? It was working without a problem but suddenly stop working completely. I installed nothing new or ran any heavy files. Just decided it will not work anymore.

• Alt tab to make sure it isn’t showing up.
  • Once confirmed restart your CPU.
  • Then disable all Revit add-ins.
  • Then disable all Dynamo packages be modifying your packages path and rename your DynamoSettings file. Both can be found in your %appdata% directory.
  • Then launch Revit, start a new project from no template (select from the dropdown).
  • Launch Dynamo and see if it shows up.
    • If so:
      • Shut down Revit and re-enable your Dynamo packages
      • Launch Revit and Dynamo and confirm it works still.
      • If not shut down Revit disable all Dynamo packages and start adding them in small batches until you identify which one is the issue.
      • Once Dynamo packages are confirmed working, re-enable all Revit add-ins and see if the issue persists. If so shut down Revit, disable all-add-ins and re-enable them in batches until you identify the issue.
    • If not, post your Revit journal and Dynamo log (just the ones from the new session with add-ins and packages disabled) to the forum.

Alternatively you can reach out to my colleagues in support by creating a ticket at manage.Autodesk.com.

1 Like

Hi, dynamo and dynamo player in revit 2024 doesn’t open. I tried reinstalling revit and removing all the dynamo packages but is did not work. I am a beginner user and appreciate any help.

See this post for troubleshooting steps, or reach out to my colleagues in support by creating a ticket at manage.Autodesk.com.