"Dynamo Update is Available" Weirdness

As the title states, I’m experiencing what I would describe as being rather weird behavior regarding the Dynamo update system (or maybe I’m simply not understanding it):

1. I was using Dynamo and noticed this update prompt:

1. To which I clicked yes and then nothing happened after closing Dynamo/Revit. As in: no download prompts, install GUIs or anything. So I opened up Revit/Dynamo again and checked the version:

1. So it looks it did update, maybe? Right? But then after a little while the green download button once again appeared, so I checked the version again:

1. Which appears to be the same, but is now red and not Up-to-date

What the heck gives?

Best,

Anders

As far as I can see the “update” is made in anticipation of Revit 2019.

1 Like

Cheers guys. So would the conventional wisdom regarding Dynamo updates be to simply ignore the (seemingly broken) update prompt, and instead go through this link?

anyone with proof that 1.3.3 kills off 2016 usability? like 1.3 did with 2015? just trying to confirm a rumor.

1.3.3 seems to not support 2016. This same conversation happened with Revit 2015 last year, and will happen again next year. :disappointed: : I have clients in 2016 still, and I plan on managing it on a case by case basis. (Dynamo 2.0 installs alongside 1.3.2 which supports Revit 2016 for instance.)

The Dynamo team seems to support the most recent 3 versions of Revit.

1 Like

http://dynamobim.org/dynamo-1-3-3-in-revit-2019-0/

2 Likes

I went ahead and did the manual download/install, and things appear to be working okay. That said, the initial question/weirdness stands i.e. the green “A Dynamo Update is Available” prompt appears to be broken and maybe someone needs to fix/get rid of it.