Dynamo take long time to start up in same session efter being closed

Hi
Running Civil 3D 2023.2.1 and Dynamo
When I have run a script in Dynamo and I close Dynamo and restart it after a while Civil 3D and Dynamo freeze and won’t respond and I need to close application using Task Manager.

The issue is in Dynamo when I try to open it directly from Manage - Dynamo, and sometimes if I edit the script from Dynamo player but I can run it several times in Player

Any suggestions or any clue what’s wrong

Kind regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick, not sure what is happening but I originally had trouble with Dynamo when I first installed the 23.2. version (super slow search and navigation). I uninstalled Civil 3D and then re-installed without any add-ins to Civil 3D (left only Project Explorer) and it worked for me. Maybe you could try that ? If not you could raise a ticket with support

1 Like

Can you post the log created by Dynamo from one of the locked up re-starts?

1 Like

Hi
Well, I will probably don’t have that possibility because my IT-departement have created a package with both Geotechnical module and Vehicle tracking but maybe I can uninstall them for testning.
It solve the issue I need to found out if still work with Vehicle tracking because we need that Addin in our daily work.
Regards,
Patrick

This is a log file from today but when I checked older log files it also where some issue with the Archance package that could be found in the log file from 1th of februari.@Anton_Huizinga

@jacob.small it seems like that there is a folder in Dynamo\Core that is missing.
Is that a folder that should be created during installation?

Regards,
Patrick
dynamoLog_7cbe3e02-0704-4ca4-a031-daf9e1918f97.txt (2.3 KB)

dynamoLog_5310082a-d9cd-45a3-9968-e43584bb67c1.txt (20.4 KB)

Can you post the log from the session before the locked up session? Seeing which view extension is attempting to load and getting stuck will help. My gut says it’s going to be something with a dependency conflict which is only triggering after you utilize part of the civil 3D UI or an add-in, but I can’t see it yet as the log stops short of reporting the issue. The log from the other session should help confirm that though.

The missing packages folder is normal, as the Civil 3D team hasn’t reconfigured their packages distribution yet.

This is indeed an error. I see it too in the log files. It happens because the package creation function duplicates the ViewExtensionDefinition.xml file to the ‘extra’ folder while it only should stay in the ‘bin’ folder. Now Dynamo tries to load a dll from the ‘extra’ folder but there is no dll file there. I’ll see if I can fix that in the next version.

Nevertheless, it does not lead to long loading times here, so you might have other issues.

1 Like

I did a reinstall of C3D and started Dynamo.
The file that ends with 1f67.txt is for the first startup, then I closed Dynamo and tried to open it again and that log file ends with 2c6.txt
(It took 10 minutes to open Dynamo in the same C3D session when I tried to open it the second time

dynamoLog_ad1be423-017f-4199-ab58-c7272e471f67.txt (6.8 KB)
dynamoLog_c07d392a-bd9b-4ba6-8177-7dec4333e2c6.txt (7.0 KB)

In the second file it took 6 mins to load this:

2023-02-14 16:38:04Z : Binding Data Extension (id: 822D7BBD-75DE-45C3-ABC0-57EA912ADF9) view extension is added

But in the first file it loads without any trouble. Weird…

Yeah - I’ll ping the C3D team to see if they can have a look, as I believe that extension is the overridden binding mechanism which they’ve integrated.

@patrick.ericson can you confirm if you have admin rights on the system, and what you’re currently using for the binding logs? My best guess is there is as delay in creating/editing/reading the binding serializations.

1 Like

Not sure if I have full admin rights at my computer, don’t think that IT allow us to have it.
According to binding, these are the settings for the moment but I will try if there makes any different if I change them

1 Like