Dynamo Scripts Don't work in revit 2023

I created several scripts in revit 2022. Now 'i’m tring to use them in Revit 2023 but some of the nodes don’t work. What should i do to use my scripts as it was?

Try this:

1 Like

Hi be sure you have dynamo iron python 2.7 package installed

2 Likes

dynamo iron python 2.7 has already been installed.

I’m trying to figureout how to install migration assistant

I couldt understand how can to install migration assistant

The answer to the question is: this will depend on why the graph is failing.

When migrating anything to a new environment you need to test that it works before pulling the trigger. Some things will migrate fine, some will have issues requiring a dependency is updated or added, and others will have issues requiring a new dependency is utilized. There is no ‘one size fits all’ in any case.

So I recommend you start with updating your Revit version to the latest available (2023.1.2), make sure your sample project for each graph upgrades cleanly (ideally you’d have one sample project for each graph in your library, or build the sample project from other graphs which become part of the largest testing toolset), and then go about testing. Each graph which runs without issue gets saved in the ‘ready to deploy’ folder. Each graph with an issue requiring an environment update gets the environment update deployed and then retested. Any graph failing spectacularly requires updating it holistically and gets saved to a ‘to update’ folder. Address the massive failures by reviewing them end to end - we illustrated this in a recent Dynamo office hour - hopefully it’ll be posted soon here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdlF7MirPEC2yNFTGymESd3t7Xosfk9c2.

2 Likes

Thanks @jacob.small . Yesterday i checked all the script and they were working at my home PC with revit 2022 . Now i cant use them in the office in revit 2023.There’s a video in github but first i need to install graph migration assistant.

Everything graph migration assistant does should be doable by manual means, and not everything will be addressed via the migration assistant. Plan on the manual work even after you get it running locally.

Also the change in computer is another variable to address - stuff like pathing, permissions, and the rest will all need to be addressed.

Even if i create the script from the start itt not possible to make it work.

@Marcel_Rijsmus Have you managed to install MigrationAssistant?

Sorry
Still on R2022 here

Thanks sir.

Then migration assistant isn’t going to help with the issue. Are you sure the datasets are the same? Note that there are changes in Revit 2023 which mean some workflows need to be revisited at a conceptual level.

Yes I haven’t changed anything in my data sets

Other than upgrading the file… What exactly do your graphs do? Can you post a sample?

Now I’m out of office. You know my topics from last 10 days. WALLS, Beams, Floors from CAD

Ah.

Likely the issue is with a particular package needing to utilize a different version. However we can’t advise on which until we see the specific issue in your environmental context.

So I should try the different versions of packages? For example columns from cad script is working in revit 2023

Maybe? We can’t know why you are having issues until we know when/where the current tool is breaking. It’s kinda like sending a message to your mechanic saying ‘the car doesn’t work’ instead of driving it into the shop.

Best to post the result of a run at the office so we can see the result and provide guidance with some real context.

Be sure to expand the data preview for all nodes going into the first node with a warning on it.