Dynamo script having errors for placing a view into sheets

something is going off here i think.

That’s just the name of the output. Copy the python node to your graph and use that instead of the custom node.

1 Like

Did that. but, where do i connect to output? is there any node i can use as input to “toolplaceviewstoexistingsheets”*?

Maybe the Titleblock needs to be cycled?

Also some Sheet create nodes require a List.Create in between. Dunno why, but that is my experience.

Same inputs and outputs as with the custom node. You’ll just have to separate the python output into the two original values - Sheets and Failed.

I have a very similar script to this that I’ve adjusted. I generally avoid steamnodes as it’s very old and out of date now, lots of issues with getting the inputs to work when their names become invalid by updates to Dynamo since its last release.

I’ve used some nodes from Crumple, but they’re all in Python.

ViewSheetLists.xlsx (9.0 KB)
Views to sheets by excel.dyn (44.6 KB)
Test model R20.rvt (480 KB)

1 Like

you mean something like this? and how do i connect output and sheet in that node?

The variable name can’t be a reserved class (Sheets) so you’ll have to change it to something else, like sheets.

However you wouldn’t connect it back to the node. You replaced the node with the python script.

thank you for responding, but, this script is doing same for - not placing views in sheets after creating sheets. no idea why.

Placement has to be a separate transaction since Dynamo can’t modify elements in the same transaction that they’re created. You’ll just need to slide a Transaction node in between creating and placing them.

where should i place that node?

Anywhere in between creating the sheets and placing them.

Very weird, it works fine on my side. Are you using Revit 2023 without ironpython2.7? Beyond that I’m stumped.

yes, i m using Revit 2020, not sure how to check for ironpython2.7.

i can try using in revit 2021/ 2022.

Script is working fine in Revit 2021/ Revit 2022 as well - weird why not working in revit 2020.

I finally got it working, thank you everyone for your help,