Dynamo Script Guide

Hi
I am trying to create a Dynamo script for a class and could do the first part. For the second part, I am a little confused. Is there anyone help me how to do the second part?
Add values in Wall Finish and Floor Finish Parameters
• If the room area is greater than 65 m2, hardwood flooring.
• Tile flooring for bathrooms

I wanted to use “if” but it made me confused.
I am so new to Dynamo.
Thank you.
Lili

1 Like

@liliumx7 ,

I would start here

to understand principles

https://dictionary.dynamobim.com/#/

3 Likes

Hi @liliumx7 - Welcome to the community! :wave:

Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of your Dynamo Graph so far? I’ve just elevated your privileges to be able to do so, as this will help us understand what you are trying to do.

Beyond that, based on your text, here is a few things that may help!

1. If you are working in Revit, you will work either with the Instance of a Family, or it’s Type. You access those in different ways.

1. The If node requires a condition to trigger. If that condition is true, it will trigger the true section, and if that condition is false, it will trigger the false section. This condition can be the room area :slight_smile:
3 Likes

Thank you. I only have a quick question about this error that I got: When I want to give “Tile” as “Finish Floor” to Bathrooms, I got the error on attached photo. Can you please let me know where does it come from?

@liliumx7 - Check the correct spelling of your Parameter. If you read the Error Message, it tells you that it cannot find a parameter by that name.

If you click on a Room inside of Revit, is the parameter you are looking for called “Finish Floor” or other? I suspect it’s “Floor Finish” and Dynamo needs you to be explicit and correct with capitalization on these things!

@solamour , you’re right. I put “Finish Floor” instead of “Floor Finish”.
Everything looks fine now.
Thank you so much for your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Glad it’s now working :slight_smile: