Dynamo Script For Revit Tool Bar

Me and my coworkers have been learning dynamo because one of our coworkers got a new job. I was tasked with writing a dynamo script for revit that syncs, relinquishes, and syncs for model coordination. Every youtube video that I have seen has promoted scripts for geometry parameters, ribbons, etc. Is it even possible to write a script for the revit tool bar? If so, and you know a great youtube video to learn a script for it, please let me know!

You can just use the OEM Revit command of ‘Synchronize with Central’ > ‘Synchronize and Modify Settings’ and make sure you are relinquishing the categories that the dialog window allows you to.

That will perform the same tasks as manually saving, then synching, then relinquishing model content.

Have you had problems using the built-in commands before?

I am not familiar with the OEM revit command, I am a newer hire and still learning the ins and outs revit.

Yeah no worries. I recommend getting used to the (KS) keyboard shortcut. That will allow you to alter/add keyboard shortcuts to almost any possible Revit command.

And when you get your feet into some deeper water, then check out the NonicaTab add-in for Revit. The free version allows you to set up to 10 custom Dynamo scripts to a UI Button (and inherently a keyboard shortcut.) However, as that is technically a bit of a convoluted way to execute a dynamo script, be aware that the issue of stability could reer-head at some point. I’d recommend developing the Dynamo script (some call them Graphs) through traditional means, and once you are confident in it’s stability, then assign that Dynamo Script/Graph to a NonicaTab position.

Awesome, thanks for your help.

1 Like

Not a problem! Welcome to the community!

do you have a specific place or reference where I could watch a youtube that explained your solution?

What version of Revit are you using?

Check out this link to learn more about worksets and working with Cloud Based models.