Dynamo Sandbox (runtime core)2.18.1, 2.19.0 and 2.19.2 giving weird error

I’m just finishing up getting a new laptop set for work, one of the last things I downloaded was the Dynamo Sandbox and saw a new version 2.19.0 so I downloaded and gave it a try (I’m running Windows 11 FYI) and it loaded first try with no problem, but I get this weird error message on the screen.

I tried a couple of things with no luck. (unzip using 7zip, move to a different folder, don’t add packages, uninstall and reinstall, turn the computer off and on again, all the standard stuff)

So this afternoon I deleted it and went to download it again, and saw 2.19.2 was out so I downloaded it and gave it a try, and I got the same error?

Any thoughts?

Looks like the second line of that error tells the issue… is the right version of DirectX installed?

Hey @jacob.small thanks for the suggestion, I looked and I have DirectX12 installed, as its what comes with Windows 11, and it won’t let me go back to DirectX11.

It seems weird that I can open Dyanmo for Revit 2022 (2.12), 2023 (2.16) & 2024 (2.18) and they all work fine.

I tried Sandbox version 2.18.1 (which works in Revit 2024.1 just fine) and I got the same error.

Hmmm… @Michael_Kirschner2 amy ideas?

Maybe you have two GPUs in your laptop. Try to force running Dynamo not
with bult-in GPU, but descrete one (Nvidia etc).

4 Likes

Thanks, @Vladimir that did the trick, which also makes sense as Revit is set to force the Nvidia card. Once and made Dynamo sandbox open with the Nvidia card 2.18.1 & 2.19.2 both worked with no problem!

Quick Update: I needed to do this with 2.19.3 also, but after doing it it works great.

1 Like