Dynamo throws up errors at me

Hi guys,

It’s been a while since I’ve used dynamo. I’m not sure when this error started showing up. It might be a couple of months back when I updated Revit, but as I said, I can’t remember. Last night I tried to start up Dynamo from Revit and this whole string of errors showed up. I tried everything to solve it - reinstalled Revit, trying to update DirectX, .net framework 3, 3.5, 4, etc., switching my system language back to English. Nothing worked. (Revit is not installed on C: drive)

Today I was curious to see if Dynamo standalone would work, but it didn’t. The following error showed up. The file it says it can’t load up exists in that folder.

Right now I have no idea what I should do and maybe you guys can help me out.

Please and thank you!

Hi @adys ,

When downloading and unzipping the Dynamo Sandbox zip-file make sure the zip-files is unblocked by Windows, else it could be that some .dll-files aren’t unpacked correctly.

Just right click on the zip and check the “unblock” button at the bottom.

https://www.google.com/search?q=unblock+zip+file&sxsrf=ALiCzsY-9y-Fc0fdrB26dE4oexhDZm-x8w:1661550289630&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiqrqiWveX5AhXN0aQKHU0DAT4Q_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=2560&bih=1297&dpr=1#imgrc=5G9v0l8pryd6sM

Why your Dynamo for Revit isn’t working do I not know.