Dynamo revit for climate architecture

Hello world! I am an architecture student, I would like to complete my thesis with climate responsive computational model (form follows climate) today is my first day hoping to spend 3 hrs per day for 1months. Pls share your experiences with me I am totally new for computational design.

I am gonna use dynamo for .generative forms (I will give sun path/direction as my input, I am expecting to get better shades as output)
I believe I hAve to give lot of input more then sun path :grin:

Honestly if you are using climate data and computational design it may be worth considering Grasshopper and Ladybug tools - they’re the industry standard in this space. They used to be supported in Dynamo to some degree, but pulled out in Revit 2020 for various reasons:

If you’re set on Revit/Dynamo then look into Insight if you don’t need to build your own script, otherwise you’ll need to take on the Dynamo Primer to begin your pilgrimage:

I have a tutorial here showing how to do sun hour analysis in Revit without Ladybug, but it’s an awful lot of work and not beginner friendly. I also have a full tutorial on sun hour analysis using Rhino Inside and Revit as an alternative:

thanks for answering my question. i want to clarify that why i wanted dynamo 1.i believe dynamo can integrated with revit ( so as materials,and structure analysis etc)
pls clarify me more
i dont have problem in learning anything.
i wanted to reduce energy usage and passive cooling techniques in my design. which is best for that i dont have time to learn both actually :frowning:

@Dulman <
Also a good reference as well.

1 Like

There is hours of learning in those videos and resources, plenty of clarity there.

Revit isn’t really tailored to do energy analysis beyond insight or add-ins I think. Please do some research on the software I have noted - it’s all out there. Don’t bite off more than you can chew if this is university research, students do this all the time in my experience. Make sure the time you have to learn new software is accommodatable in your thesis.

+1 to Phil Galvan’s channel, although it’s generally in Grasshopper.