Dynamo Python Editor

When you will add the option of zooming the text into python editor inside Dynamo?DyTxt

1 Like

Ctrl +mouse wheel?
Or magnifying with the magnifier app maybe?

This would be a great request to add to the Dynamo Wishlist, here: GitHub - DynamoDS/DynamoWishlist: This is a repository for all wishlist items for Dynamo Core

The development team actively follows that GitHub actively, and that portal will get the right eyes on things fastest to give ideas like this the best shot at becoming a reality.

Thank for the replies.
Most of developers linking their scripts to an external IDEs like VScode or others & I’m one of them. It could be easy to fork a version of dynamo source code and add this option for personal use, but as it’s basics of UI & obviously and much helpful, I wonder why they still not integrate it till now into the official versions.

Because it’s all designed by young’uns with great eyesight who don’t think about us older folk? :wink:

1 Like

Not sure I’ve seen anything to confirm this, but it’s a valid point at the same.

Integrating stuff like an alternate editor is actually quite complex because of the scope of dependencies. Remember Dynamo is integrated into a host of other applications, and as such something that seems trivial could cause a dependency conflict in one of the many other applications which Dynamo sits on top of (ie: Revit, FormIt, Civil 3D, Alias, Advance Steel…).

Changing the font would be quite nice - hopefully someone on Dev will see the wishlist entry and they can try to incorporate it into the process. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:laughing:

Thanks for reply, I think it’s not as much complicated and it could be trivial though needing a bit of working around it, as it’s an option to integrate with C# UI design and it’ll work.