2 options should adjust urgently to Dynamo

1- The ability to be back to old base grey interface for node. Add the option of themes
2- Coding in python nodes, the ability to zoom on text by mouse wheel similar to all IDE editors.

Why are these urgent?

If you really want, you can drop them as requests on the dynamo github for the team to consider but they are big changes without reasons given.

1 Like

Already I replied here.

Many time it’s written about those 2 subjects and old aged programmers were mocking so much about the needing of a microscope to read the text of the dynamo python node.

I’m having nearly your age and I’m still have good eyes to read this microscopic text, but from other part I read what others saying and I have my point of views about suggestions to ameliorate some software I’m working on, from time to time. Many time I use instead C# zero-touch nodes with visual studio even for a very little scripts, only to avoid this ugly dynamo python text editor.

Urgent! because it take a very slightly modification to the source code and could ameliorate so much those demanded options without any big efforts.

Make a pull request if it’s easy maybe… sounds like you have a good grasp of the needed steps.

I agree though that it’s a needed change for UX, and probably would have been handy vs a node UI facelift. Personally I also use VS and notepad++ before putting it into the python node.

I prefer more on the old design (white theme)

I would like, if having a free time, to participate into the development process of Dynamo.

In Theory and my understanding to the logic of programming and algorithms also to C#. To whom are in the design process of the software and having the whole UML schema of its engineering design, it’s a minor modification should be done to adjust those options.

But if to someone entering newly, it’s a huge process that needing to read the whole source code and understand the structure of it. Otherwise I could participate to the development and do those modifications.

I try only from my experiences to spot on some little points that could ameliorate the software and push it forward to be more helpful for me and for the others.

Thanks for the discussion and I want to notice that you have nice tutorials concerning dynamo on the YouTube so hope you keep going on with the same energy and with good materials always.

I’m ready to collaborate about subjects connected to BIM programming and architectural design.

1 Like

Hello @OS-den - Thank you for providing the code snippet for the AvalonEdit text zoom feature. It’s an easy win, as you mentioned, so we now have a PR that will land in Dynamo 2.17.

Python editor text zoom by Amoursol · Pull Request #13427 · DynamoDS/Dynamo · GitHub

Please note that this will not serialize the value to Dynamo right now as we are too close to release to correctly implement and test in time with the rest of our release tasks, but a future update can include a default font zoom also. In the interim, this PR will allow you to zoom on a per-Python-node-basis.

3 Likes