Dynamo Player in Revit 2023 - Show necessity of input

Hey guys,

is there a way to show an unexperienced user if a script needs inputs? I know we can provide descriptions since Revit 2023, but these should tell the user what this script does and not wether it needs input or not. How do you guys show unexperienced users, that a script depends on inputs?

hello, in image attached to the script you can merge a necessary text entries in the image
a little hack but hey it could work
cordially
christian.stan

Thanks for the tip. I already thought about a suffix for the script names, but I don’t want to disfigure wether the name, description nor the image. Maybe thats something for the developer team :thinking: Like a yellow play button, yellow script title or a playbutton with a wrench attached to it.

1 Like

I think that as of Revit 2023 (could be 2023.1 though) all instances of Dynamo Player bring you to the ‘set inputs’ screen. If a user fails to set an input and it passes null, you could append a quick bit of Python to the code to provide a default input, or trigger a UI that informs the user that the input is a requirement before passing null.

2 Likes

Thats true and is quite a good idea to use a python node as a bouncer that kills the dynamoplayer.exe and beforehand prompts the info, that the needed inputs were not provided. On the other hand I would like to prevent such things in advance :smiley:

2 Likes

Totally in agreement on that - just wanted to help find a temporary solution while the team considers the issue. :slight_smile:

2 Likes