Dynamo player crashing during sync with central

Greetings,
I have a colleague using Revit 2021 and each time he syncs with central Dynamo player will crash (just disappear/close). I haven’t been able to find any threads having this experience in my searches.

Wondering if anyone might have an idea why or know how I might be able to troubleshoot this.

Thanks

I hate to state the obvious but could they just close Player before syncing? Are there any issues if Player isn’t open?

This behavior isn’t causing any problems per se, its more of an annoyance that he has to reopen dynamo player and re-enter inputs after every sync.

Regarding the inputs, for a number of reasons, he needs to use the scripts from a central script folder so he is unable to save the inputs into the script as they may be different for other users.

Unfortunately I’ve never heard of anything like this and I don’t know how you’d troubleshoot it. Beyond figuring out how to fix the crashing it sounds like just a change in process. Run Dynamo from Player as many times as you need and close before syncing. Are they running a graph the produces mass modifications, requiring multiple runs in set intervals? Otherwise I wouldn’t think it’s necessary to save between each run. Even then, you could probably run all the way through before requiring a sync.

Can you have them restart the CPU recreate the issue in a new session as quickly as possible, and post that Revit journal?

1 Like