Dynamo Package Errors

Hello All,

I am having issues with installing certain packages as seen in the screenshot below:

I am working via a VM (virtual machine) and although I can navigate to where the packages are downloading they simply aren’t downloading. I can’t try this on local software as we don’t have this installed locally within the firm I work for as we are completely remote. This always seems to happen once I close down the dynamo editor and reload it (when im back from lunch) and although I could keep it running this isn’t ideal as many others use the scripts I develop and deploy so I need to look into resolving but want to ensure it is an issue with perhaps running via VM rather than Dynamo itself.

Is there a way around this?
Would installing the packages permanently to a folder help in preventing this from happening?

Thank you for your help

Best Regards,

What is the full error? It should be expressed in the Dynamo log if it isn’t readily available.

Hi Jacob thank you for your response:

This is what the error is telling me has happened. I believe it may be caused due to the virtual machine but id like to know for certain so I can tell IT that I have isolated the problem before any action is taken in resolving it

Looks like it’s a signature issue. Work with your IT to get things whitelisted.

I also haven’t published a new Crumple for a while now. Unsure if maybe there’s something in newer versions that helps with this that I’m behind on - gave up on the cross version quirks.

Noting I also put Crumple on github:

1 Like

Hi Gavin thank you for your reply - like Jacob stated it was an issue with IT not whitelisting the package or an issue when working through a VM I have since resolved this by installing the package from GitHub onto my packages folder.

Thank you for reaching out and also thank you for being the person who tutored me (virtually through youtube) to the position I’m in today (up for promotion to head of automation) love your work and I owe it to you that I have managed to find my place in this industry!

2 Likes

Hi Jacob thank you for your helping in resolving this I have managed to work with IT to get this sorted now it was exactly as you said it wasn’t a whitelisted file so it wouldn’t remain in my packages folder after downloading happy to get past this now and keep creating awesome automation :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is because you changed your primary location to ProgramData. This area is meant for built-in Dynamo packages. Dynamo requires all packages to be signed that are located in that area.

Relocate your “installation package path” to the AppData location and you should be good to go.

6 Likes

Great catch!

Hi John,
Thank you for your response and as you stated in your response that was the solution to resolving missing package dependencies. Not sure who has set the file structure up within the firm but its a slight deviation from the standard way which almost always causes issues. I had managed to resolve the issue just prior to your response but ive marked your response as the solution incase others encounter similar issue in future.

Thank you all for your help!

1 Like