Dynamo, mesh, revit

I created an element using a point cloud through code in Dynamo. However, when the element is created within revit it is not to scale, when we compare it with the real-life object, does anyone know how to solve it?
Rotina novo.dyn (24.4 KB)

Is the units of your Revit project the same as your point cloud? If not you’ll need to scale the XYZ values by the conversion factor.

2 Likes

Yes, the units are the same

Is the different scale is 3.28 or 1/3.28 ?

I cannot reproduce, but I also don’t have your .obj. I assumed it was the stanford bunny but no idea if that is correct.
Are you using the right version of the mesh toolkit package for your Dynamo version?

I will explain the work process better. Initially, the object was captured with the help of a laser scanner, which generated a point cloud, then a mesh was generated, which was later inserted into the dynamo code to generate the object in revit, but the object was not in the same dimensions as the real object and the mesh.

Note: the unit of measurement in the image below is in centimeters

Rotina novo OFC.dyn (24.5 KB)

1 Like

I added the mesh file to the routine. It’s in the new post below

I don’t see any obj file posted.

Rotina novo OFC.dyn (24.5 KB)

OBJECT LINK: ELEMENTO PULPIDO OFC.obj - Google Drive

This seems to work for me so I’m still thinking it’s a units issue. We need a SIMPLE mesh that recreates the issue otherwise the ‘error’ can’t be isolated. Generate faux scan data with 8 points forming a cuboid and see if that is meshed, imported, and created as a family instance correctly.

From what I’ve seen the problem is the scale, but how can I change the scale using the dynamo routine

Geometry.Scale, but likely you will have better performance with scaling to decimal feet in the software which wrote the obj.