Dynamo in Revit 2021 doesn't want to work

I downloaded Revit 2020 before which worked fine. I wanted to download the newer version of Revit, so that the Dynamo Refinery could be used instead of the regular one (which apparently is better in Revit 2021). Once I finished downloading the entire file of Revit 2021 I opened up the program. I soon noticed that Dynamo (not refinery or generative design) gave out an error which led to a very confusing error which I am not able to read at all.

I have added the screenshot to the error down below. I’d like to ask for help as to how I can start using Dynamo once again. I have used it in the past when I still had Revit 2020.

I have at least tried the following things:

• Making sure I had enough disk space before downloading
  • Clearing the download and temp files
  • Removing all older versions of Revit
  • Making sure I had the minimum requirements for my system (Windows 7, 64-bit and 8 GB RAM)
  • Reinstalling/repairing everything
  • I even tried turning my pc off and on again

So once again, please help me out. I hope somebody can figure out what I can do to fix this error

@Michael_Kirschner2 @Aaron_Tang - Any ideas here?

Hi @Sai-Lok

Similar topic is discussed below. Could you try and let us know?

Please try removing all your Revit addins, and check to see if any DynamoPackages from a previous version might be being loaded.

You can find your dynamo packages and package path settings under %appData% Dynamo.

1 Like

I have a similar problem.

I don’t really uderstand what to do here

Please try removing all your Revit addins, and check to see if any DynamoPackages from a previous version might be being loaded.

You can find your dynamo packages and package path settings under %appData% Dynamo.

Is you issue solved?
If not, try this Dynamo is not launching from the manage tab in Revit

It’s not solved as of yet. I did try what they said on that site. The only problem is that the map they refer to is empty in my case, so there’s nothing to remove or move.

which map?
In the https://knowledge.autodesk.com/zh-hans/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/CHS/Dynamo-is-not-launching-from-the-manage-tab-in-Revit.html
there are 3 pathes (maps) you may need to check:
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins[Version]
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit [Version]\AddIns

Thats the only map that I have and I amptied it. This helped nothing though

I suggest you add a thread in Here