Dynamo-feature lines-grading with logic

Hello All,

Is there a way to set the grade of a feature lines? I looked through the CIvil3DToolkit, however there are only setelevations there isnt a setgrade?

Setting the grade just changes the elevation of a PI or elevation point, right? So you can just set the elevation to whatever you need to achieve a certain grade?

Well for example, I want to grade a “Type A” lot. I know the elevation at the ROW, the sideyard swale can be 2% min, the backyard swale can be 2% min, the slope from the pad to the side yard swale can be max 33% and min 5%.

In this case, I do not know the required elevation, but I do know the min and max grades.

How would I model that with an elevation point? I mean I can probably model that the 5%min < (z2-z1/x2-x1) < 33% max of the “pad side slope feature line”

For example, if you know the elevation at ROW and the side yard swale is 2%, then all you need is the swale length and you can set the elevation at the back?

I guess what I’m saying is that slope=rise/run. So if you only know run and slope, you can calculate the rise and set the elevation accordingly.

1 Like