Dynamo created Revision Cloud Curve in Revit is not connected

Hi Revit & Dynamo Users,

I am using Dynamo to create multiple revision clouds in Revit at once. However, it seems when there is more than 1 revision clouds created, only the first cloud I try to edit has connected curves, the rest revision cloud curves are all disconnected line segments.

This is annoying because we’d still like to edit the curves every now and then, plus it was doing OK for the first selected item.

I wonder if anyone has any idea about why this is happening and if there is a way to deal with it.

Thank you guys!

First Try, edit A first:

Run again, edit C first:

Scripts here (using clockwork)

And the other 6 failed attempts to (essentially) do the same thing:

Can you post this again with the output visible so we can follow?

Sure thing.

To make sure I understand correctly, the script makes the RCs correctly, then when you try to edit them after manually this is where they mess up?

Yes that’s right.

What elements are you using for the bounding boxes? I will see if I can recreate the same results.

Just a simple cube with a text label on top.

I recreated your script and I am seeing the same exact results. I used Scope Boxes for the boundaries, but after editing the first RC, none of the others are connected.

I also tested this in Dynamo Player and NONE of the RC retained their connection so definitely the wrong direction.

I also am confused because it allows the lines to not form a closed loop. Don’t think I knew that was an option.

1 Like

while, you can manually create a revision with 1 single line segment, so it doesn’t need to be a closed loop. However, I cannot manually recreate this behavior, i.e. revision cloud with lines sharing same start/end point and when editing them they turns into disconnected segments

Does making it a polycurve first affect anything?

I wonder if it has to do with point rounding since it is actually creating the RC one line at a time. That of course doesn’t explain why one works and the rest don’t.

Any chance either of you could drop a .rvt and dyn so I can help troubleshoot? I have a couple ideas.
Does working with list lacing/levels change anything? Lacing set to longest or curves being at a different level?
Also it might be worth an attempt within a code block or python, as the behavior may change, something like:

rev = RevisionCloud.ByCurve(_views, _curves, _revision);

I did actually try Lacing and levels as my node setup actually had a nested list coming from the Bounding boxes Curve node. That prompted me to test levels and Lacing throughout and even flattening.

I didn’t keep my session open so I don’t, but I didn’t try doing it via DS. I am also wondering if maybe it has to do with sequence of how it is creating the lines. If it isn’t doing it in order (corner to corner) it may not be joining them, but again why does it work for the first one. Just odd behavior.

Sounds like a Revit big exposes via API fueled creation of the elements inside a single transaction. I’ll try and test but a dynamo graph and rvt file I don’t have to rebuild would be appreciated.

Recreating errors is a costly investment of time.

I did test most of the lacing, python (clockwork cloud node uses python), create separate dynamo nodes, create these in different transaction, etc (see my 4th reply pictures), unfortunately I can’t send attachment yet…

I did test most of the lacing, python (clockwork cloud node uses python), create separate dynamo nodes, create these in different transaction, etc (see my 4th reply pictures), unfortunately I can’t send attachment yet

I have recreated the issue. I’ll see if I can get someone to confirm it as a bug. May need to add a transaction inside of the clockwork node.