Dynamo crashing after several uses, need to change workstation (Read the topic)

Hi, i’m having major problems with dynamo for C3D…

So, I made an easy workflow that get some names for blocks on excel, create blockreferences and name them, based on the solids geometry that I have. The problem is:

It doesn’t work on all of my workstations, the same dyn with the same dwg, was working on the first computer but not the second one, in which he always either crash after a LONG time running, or return me an error in the get.geometry node (something like “file already exists” ??). The computer that doesn’t run it is barely new, not even 2 weeks of usage, and is a little more powerful than the one that was running the script normally. Both have the exact same packages, c3d version and everything else… After i start getting the crashes, a great batch of files i was working on also stopped opening, like, insta crashing the autocad application when tried to open.

But what is even stranger, is that in this computer that it was running smooth till yesterday, from one use of the dyn to another, start getting the crashes and all the abnormal things i said that was happening in the other one, even the files not opening. This is the 3rd computer that this happens. What i suppose is that somehow i’m corrupting the instalation with this workflow.

Have any of you experienced something like that before? i’m getting desperate since i have to deliver this project by monday, and i’m running out of WS to transfer to when this starts to happen… So, any ideas? any help? Here’s an example of one of the files that is crashing right at opening, and the .dyn i’m using…

Sample.dwg (2.8 MB) Create Blocks.dyn (46.1 KB)

Clean the temp folder from all SAT files

1 Like

where exactly is my temp folder for SAT files?

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2021 I thought it would be here

%temp%

Can i wipe it clean? (there’s nothing here that i can loss, just wondering if I can crash my windows install with this)

1 Like

Thank you again Paolo, worked like a charm

I feel like you deserve a whole just for you in Autodesk office, you really saved the day for me 3 times in a row now

???

1 Like

Cake? Office? Statue? Building?

2 Likes

HAHAHA a whole day just for you* sorry

and all of these also