Dynamo Office Hours: Blocking It Out

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share the sample files that I used during the demo portion of the Dynamo Office Hours session this morning (April 20, 2023).

The 05_DriveCar.dyn example was an extra fun one that I didn’t get to in the presentation, but here’s what it does :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

car

Enjoy!

Example.dwg (5.1 MB)
Luminaires.dwg (631.2 KB)
01_PlaceTrees.dyn (84.4 KB)
02_EditBlockDefinition.dyn (21.2 KB)
03_PlaceLegend.dyn (66.2 KB)
04_PlaceLuminaires.dyn (57.5 KB)
05_DriveCar.dyn (54.7 KB)

21 Likes

Thanks for sharing, @mzjensen
I will try the car :slight_smile:

Really liked the idea of insert blockreferences from Xref so I created my own version with layer, rotation and insertion from more then one xref.
Thanks for inspiration @mzjensen :partying_face:

1 Like

@mzjensen Thanks for this.
i have clarification
if you need to set 3 different block to Alignment
we can do it from offset alignment 1st block at center ,2nd right and 3rd left
but once i did 1st block if i need to do other blocks it’s replace the first one automatic.
Also the same case if we put (If statement)
Why is this happen?
should i repeat the same node for alignment ?

Not sure if I understand you correct but can you share your graph and an example file?

Thanks for replying
The same graph and same dwg.
If you try to run first script with circle block to draw it at right side of alignment. Then,
if you try again to run script with another block like center(tree) or left (triangle) it’ll delete the old one that we draw it in the first (circle block(Right side)).

test.dwg (6.6 MB)

I see.
That is related to object binding in Dynamo.
Not at my computer at the moment but check the left menu ( I think it say Dynamo) and then Object binding. In that menu, uncheck all options. I think will help you.

still the same problem

is there not anyway to solve this problem??

Best to start a new topic, including the .dyn and dwg you are using, a note on the Civil 3D and Dynamo versions you are using, and an indication of the binding settings you are using in environment when running the graph.

2 Likes

Noted , Thanks