Hi I’m trying to Create a workflow for a Tool i’ve been designing. Basically a point-and-click Revit Voronoi Shape Creator.
So the jist of the tool is to use the T-Splines feature in experimental mode to build pipes along the linework. The linework it self is an adaptation of Lynn Kims homemade Voronoi pattern creator. I’m quite new to T-Splines so I’m not sure of what a best practice solution might look like.
Steps i’ve taken:
- select any surface in Revit
- set parameters for the radius and quantity of nodes
- create spheres that cut your surface
- extract the linework
- project onto the surface
- use the node TSplineSurface.BuildPipes to get a smooth looking lattice.
- clean up the geometry, I get overlapping surfaces and I have no idea how to best go about creating a union out of everything.
- exporting the result to Revit.
I believe I have a lot of issues due to the fact that there are a lot of intersecting surfaces. My goal is to merge it together.
Is there a way to export the shape directly into Revit?
Below I have added the nodes and picture for reference.