This Challenge is now over - a massive thanks to all who submitted their entries for the Dynamo Geometric Patterning challenge and we can’t wait to see who the community votes in as winner and runner-up!
All graphs will become available after the close of the voting session in the
Challenge Library as well as present in this thread, so that you can inspect each DYN file to help you choose your favorite! You can vote based on approach, graph size, beauty, language choice or any other criteria of your choice!
- Entry 01: “Geometric Pattern”.
- Entry 02: “Dynamo Geometry: Folding, Mosaic and Pandoras Box” .
- Entry 03: “Dynamo Forum Challenge #2”.
- Entry 04: “Forum Challenge #2”.
- Entry 05: “Pattern v3”.
- Entry 06: “Dynamo Challenge 02 - Geometric Patterning”
- Entry 07: “Challenge 02 - AAAR”.
Entry 01: "Geometric Pattern"
Entry-01-GeometricPattern.dyn (20.9 KB)
Entry 02: "Dynamo Geometry: Folding, Mosaic and Pandoras Box"
Entry 03: "Dynamo Forum Challenge #2"
Entry-03-ForumChallenge02.dyn (571.6 KB)
Entry 04: "Forum Challenge #2"
Entry-04-ForumChallenge2.dyn (329.4 KB)
Entry 05: "Pattern v3"
Entry-04-PatternV3.dyn (1015.1 KB)
Entry 06: "Dynamo Challenge 02 - Geometric Patterning"
Entry-06-DynamoChallenge02GeometricPatterning.dyn (250.8 KB)
Entry 07: "Challenge 02 - AAAR"
Entry-07-Challenge02_AAAR.dyn (302.7 KB)
Original post collapsed below
In case you were curious...
We are super excited to introduce to you a series of Dynamo Challenges meant to inspire, to push boundaries, to explore lateral solutions and to grow your knowledge of Dynamo.
02 - GEOMETRIC PATTERNING CHALLENGE:
Do you like complex patterns? Do you like hard things? Do you want to try your hand at something that may make your brain melt? Or may inspire you on towards greatness? Is Geometry where your heart lies?
Then do we have the challenge for you; introducing the Geometric Pattern challenge, where we challenge you to recreate, in any way you can, the pattern in the above image This goes beyond the typical patterns you see in Dynamo that are repeating and takes it a little further.
There are a handful of entry requirements below, but we encourage you to cast your (dynamo) net far and wide in your explorations and submissions.
This challenge will run for almost two weeks, starting on Monday 1st August at 9am EST, running until Thursday 11th August at 5pm EST.
- Dynamo must be used in or part of your submission.
- If you use a Dynamo graph, your .DYN file must be attached to your submission.
- If you use a Custom Package or Node in your submission, it must be hosted on Package Manager. Note: This may mean uploading a package!
- This topic will be left open for discussion - use to your hearts content! Upon deadline of challenge, moderators will edit the post to introduce a community poll to select winners.
- We very much encourage wrong answers! Have fun with it.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRY:
All submissions are blind via Direct Message to @solamour and @JacobSmall with the Challenge as your title - this link will start a handy message template. Please include all relevant files to execute the graph and reproduce your result as well as a still image(s).
- 1st Place = “Dynamo Challenge Winner” forum badge
- 2nd Place = “Dynamo Challenge Runner-up” forum badge
- Both = Presented in print media at the Autodesk University 2022 Dynamo Party
ALL CHALLENGES AND DATES:
- Dynamo Challenge 01: Redesign the Dynamo Logo with Dynamo, running between 2022-07-25T04:00:00Z→2022-08-04T16:00:00Z
- Dynamo Challenge 02: Geometric Patterning, running between 2022-08-01T04:00:00Z→2022-08-11T16:00:00Z
- Dynamo Challenge 03: Wrong tool with Great Output, running between 2022-08-08T04:00:00Z→2022-08-18T16:00:00Z
- Dynamo Challenge 04: Furniture Design, running between 2022-08-15T04:00:00Z→2022-08-25T16:00:00Z
- Dynamo Challenge 05: Connect to Something Interesting, running between 2022-08-22T04:00:00Z→2022-09-01T16:00:00Z
We are super excited to see what all of you come up with and are here to cheerlead you on our journey to Dynamo Challenge greatness!