Dynamo and Windows 10 - issues?

Hi,

I recently upgraded my machine to windows 10. I’m running Revit 2019.2 and Dyn version 2.0.2.
Whenever I open a dyn file and perform a “save as” to rename the file, the script will not run. I have also tried rebooting revit and opening the copied dyn file but Revit force closes as soon as the copied dyn file is selected. I would like to add that I’m renaming the file while in dynamo and not using windows explorer.
The previous version of windows allowed me to copy dyn files and rename them. I’m wondering if it has something to do with windows 10? Is anyone else experiencing this or a similar issue?

Can you do a screencast showing this behavior? Also, provide the Dynamo logs and Revit journals from this session.

FYI @Michael_Kirschner2

I would try the 2.0.3 daily build.

Hey there! I recently switched back to Windows 10 and have been using Revit 2019.2 and Dyn version 2.0.2, so I might be able to help. I haven’t experienced the exact same issue as you, but I have run into some other compatibility issues with different software since upgrading to Windows 10.
Have you tried running Dynamo as an administrator? That sometimes solves compatibility issues. Also, have you checked if there are any updates available for Dyn or Revit? Sometimes updating the software can fix bugs or issues like this.

I hope this helps, and sorry to hear you’re experiencing this problem. By the way, I’m new to this forum, so nice to meet you all!

mod edit: removed link to unverified Reddit forum

Welcome to the forum @MaddinaS.

This issue hasn’t popped up since this thread, which is now 4 years old, so I am closing the topic. If someone else needs support with the issue please start a new topic so that we can get current data (a lot has happened with Dynamo over the 4 years since the first post).