Dynamo and Revit 2016 3d text to acquire room information Packages

Hi All,

I know this issue has been discussed before but i cant seem to figure out my problem could anyobe please help with my below issue

I have a revit family with parameters. Its a room placeholder that i MANUALLY input the room name, number and description into it. This gives a very good visual idea of where you are in the building when using BIM360 glue and navisworks.

I would like to use Dynamo to automatically acquire the information off the rooms and place them on the room placeholder.

If anyone could help with the above issue id be very grateful.

Ciaran

Can you show us what you have so far?

I have been working on this not sure where i have gone wrong. Any advice

Have you placed the placeholders yet? It might actually be easier if Dynamo placed them for you.
The process might look something like this:

1. Get all rooms and locations
  2. Place placeholder at room location
  3. Get room values (name, number, description)
  4. Write room values to placeholder

If the placeholders are already placed you would have to determine which room they are in. You could either get a location and check for point in room or you could use one of the Elements in Room nodes. Then once you have the rooms and placeholders in the same order you would continue with steps 3 and 4.

1 Like

I got the3d room tag to work, one small problem thou, when I place the tag in the room and then run the script the 3d room tag isn’t changing to the same name as the room tag in the model.

Just wondering do you know what the problem is .

Please see below example

Can you post a camera export of your graph as well?

I know that the categories are under sprinklers but the script wont work under the category of Generic Models.
Any ideas why this id happening.

I am Still trying to get my head around this script writing software

Ciaran