Unplaced Room to Placed

Hi,

For a recent project we got a whole list of Rooms that the client wanted and we brought that info inside Revit using Dynamo. Now we are in pre design phase and I was wondering if there is a way to automate placing those Unplaced Rooms inside room containing elements like separation lines?

Thanks,

The rooms can be found in Dynamo even if they are not placed. (All Elements Of Category), then you can place them with SetLocation node in the GeniusLoci package if you can assign each point for each room (a node with the same name in OOTB nodes will not work in this case).

4 Likes

i assigned points, but for some reason i dont see any rooms placed, just the location points on dynamo .

It should work. Check the Z values of the points. They must be at the correct level (I belive you checked this by tagging or in the vision, unless check it as well)

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply :kissing_smiling_eyes:
I checked it from the Shcdule itself. Still shows rooms as not placed.

Should the Z value change to AN OFFSET instead of 0? right now its 0

You can check the points are proper or not by placing new rooms instead.
if new rooms can be placed properly, points are not the problem.
In this case, as a workaround, you can place new rooms which have the same parameters as existing schedule instead, and remove the original.

1 Like

Are you sure that rooms are the right element type to place here?

Seeing those room names my instinct tells me you might have more than one floor soon, and moving rooms from one floor to another is painful. Instead I recommend using family instances for now, and when you are ready you can query data from the family instances and generate rooms from that.

It is also possible to assign parameters to said families from the unplaced room elements, and adjust the shape of a given family type based on required area, or even run checks on actual vs required area to see if you need more space when you are done reorganizing stuff.

1 Like

@Somesh_T

I would recommend just creating the rooms and the room separation lines all at the same time. It easier than having to deal with placing unplaced rooms after the fact.