Dynamo 2.17 (2024) Slow Loading

Anyone else experiencing Super Slow (20+minute) Dynamo launching within Revit 2024? I am seeing some (but not all) of my users have extremely slow launch times - and not just once on initial launch but repeatedly. But it does not happen to everyone - it is truly random.

1 Like

Are any packages or other resources loading from a network or cloud location, or are they all local to the C drive?

This is a known intermittent issue, exact cause is still unclear but we think we have a potential fix.

that’s good news - i assume the fix will be rolled out as a Revit update?

We do have a networked package location - but this is literally happening from fresh launch after install - so we are having to wait 20-30 minutes on some computers just for Dynamo to open so that we can path to that networked location. And then when that is done and we close and reopen - on some computers the problem persists, on on others it clears up (and some never had any problems at all)

I am also experiencing this! I was working on getting the package paths and other settings in order and everything was running fine, then I went to reopen Dynamo and it seemingly crashed Revit (I didn’t wait long enough…) I’ve uninstalled Revit and deleted my Dynamo roaming and local profile folders and then reinstalled and Dynamo is slow out of the gate now without even changing anything. I’ve attached my latest log if that is helpful to anyone. dynamoLog_d50adf8d-8eee-4ea5-8af5-c86fbc3a0d42.txt (6.6 KB)

and now its back to working flawlessly, talk about intermittent!

dynamo socks in Revit 2024… it is very slow in loafding… and now experience for the second time it won’;t start at all

I have also the same experience with Civil3D 2024 and Dynamo 2.17. It takes long time to start!

1 Like

Frustrating, I am waiting also…

Michael Wickerson