Dynamo 2.1 Release Notes Questions

After going through this discussion, release notes (2.1 and 2.2), dynamo blog about 2.1, I have given up trying to understand what’s going on :smile:
But I still want to understand two things in particular:

1. Autocompletion inside python nodes in Dynamo
Up till now to get intellisense we had to use IronPython Stubs, through an external editor, which has been discussed several times on this forum (here)
Few questions on the autocomplete feature in the newer version of dynamo:
A. What all does the autocomplete work for? Revit API, Dynamo API, DesginScript Libraries, Custom package Libraries, Python standard libraries, python custom libraries. It would be great if someone could put yes or no for each of those.
B. DesignScript had some namespace conflict issues and some issues where autocomplete didn’t work inside functions; do these issues carry over to the python autocomplete feature?

2. How and when do I get these features?
Going through the 2.1 Release blog post, in the Revit Integration section, it says that Dynamo will be shipped with Revit and users won’t be able to change the version. Since our firm generally upgrades every odd year and I’m currently using Revit 2017,18,19 for projects which wouldn’t upgrade, does this mean that I would have to wait till 2021 to start using these features? I would want to be able to use some of these features now because dynamo + python + autocomplete would be so awesome :scream_cat:

Since a lot of us here are not software engineers could someone help me make a flowchart of these things with Revit version, dynamo version, major features, if-this-use this etc. that could possibly end up on the blog (after all this is a forum of Dynamo which is a visual environment :stuck_out_tongue:)

Excited about the upgrades. Autocompletion Yay!

1 Like