Dynamo 2.0 for Revit 18 + 19

I have created a script in Revit 2020 with Dynamo 2.3.
Last week i was asked to test the script in a Revit 2018 and 2019 project, but i can only find 1.3 version of Dynamo builds. I am almost certain that i read somewhere that a 2.0.4 version should be avaiable for older versions of Revit.

Also does 2.3 dynamo script work in 2.0.4 dynamo?

Hello @PedersenJPPHighest #DynamoBIM Version for #Revit Versions

1 Like

Thank you. What is the difference between 1.3.4 and 2.0.4 if both are the latest stable build?

1 Like

Think actuelly you can have both version installed and you will get the option to choice which version…think the differnce is with 2.04 you can share nodes with version above…long time ago a had work in 2019 and 2018 :wink:

1 Like

Lots of differences, but the big one is the file format changed from xml to json and, as far as I’m aware, you cannot open 2X scripts/nodes with 1X dynamo.

1 Like

@Daniel_Woodcock1 …yes thats right.and if i remember right you should have both version installed…dont think you only can have 2.04 installed…but not 100…its long time ago ;):wink:

You can just have 2.0.4 installed as you should be able to uninstall 1.3.4. Just make sure Dynamo for revit 1.3.4 on the machine has been uninstalled from the add and remove programs.

Doing this is also beneficial for the users by not having a additional prompt where they could select the wrong version and have to fully close revit to be able to select the correct version.

Note:

• 1.3.4 has not been supported/updated for a few years, therefore I would suggest you use 2.0.4 as your base version.
  • Dont forget if the api has changed between revit versions then certain nodes may break when using a revit 2020 script in revit 2018.
4 Likes

Thanks Brendan…nice to know…:wink: think when we had these version we do the same…as you said so users dont open wrong version

Thank you for the info Brendan.

Its good to know that the 2.0.4 version should be the base.
Does the original nodes also break in newer versions, or do they ‘automatically’ update to the corresponding node when used?