Dynamo 2.0.1 won't open from Revit but Dynamo 1.3.3 does

Hello,

I am fairly new to Revit and Dynamo and I am having some trouble.
As it is mentioned in the headline I cannot open Dynamo 2.0.1 from Revit 2019. However, I am able to open Dynamo 1.3.3 from Revit 2019. My Dynamo project already has the file format of Dynamo 2 (in JSON). Thus, I cannot use Dynamo 1.3.

So what happened…
I was able to open Dynamo 2.0.1 from Revit 2019 in the past. Then I uninstalled Dynamo 1.3. Afterwards I could still use Dynamo 2.0.1. A week later, I am not able to open Dynamo 2.0.1 anymore. When I open Dynamo I get a blank window which cannot be focused (see image). While this blank window is opened, the Dynamo button in Revit is grayed out.
Dynamo_Problem

What i did…
I have reinstalled Dynamo 2.0.1…but it did not help
I have reinstalled Revit 2019 and Dynamo 2.0.1 where I uninstalled Dynamo 1.3.3 which was installed together with Revit 2019…it did not help.
I have uninstalled Dynamo 1.3.3 and 2.01 and reinstalled Revit 2019. I have installed Dynamo 2.0.1…Now as described, I can open Dynamo 1.3.3 from Revit but it won’t open Dynamo 2.0.1.

I checked this forum and I found this topic (https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/dynamo-not-opening-revit-2018/26536). I checked my graphic card drivers and even used a previous driver version but it did not help.

Can anybody help me? I am really out of ideas. Thank you!
Maybe you can give me a hint where I can look for a log file where an error might be logged.

Don’t worry we will help you out. Did you unistall Core and Revit both for Dynamo 2.x?

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes I have installed both, Core and Revit for 1.3 and 2.0.1

@fhegemann85 Try updating your graphics card. See if that helps!

1 Like

After updating my graphic card driver back to the current version it works again.
Thank you for your support.

1 Like