Dynamo 1.3.2 Crashes/Freezing

Hello friends, I’ve updated dynamo to 1.3.2. When I try to open the dynamo file it doesn’t show any nodes also it doesn’t allow me to create nodes from the Library Window too. I’m using Revit 2017 not sure why it is freezing and doesn’t work properly as it suppose to be. Would appreciate any help. Thank you

@imaliasad Restart your pc if it didn’t help drop your dynamo file here.

got the same error, restarting revit helped ;/

No it didn’t help. Also I’ve tried to create an empty dynamo file but the library window freezes.

Just downgraded to dynamo 1.1 and everything is working. I wanted to upgrade it to latest so I could utilize some packages.

@imaliasad Drop your dynamo file here please.

test.dyn (21.8 KB)

here it goes. I wonder what could be the issue possibly…

@imaliasad Try this dyn file test (For Imaliasad).dyn (8.6 KB)

How did you upgrade? Through the Collaboration for Revit pack from the Autodesk Desktop App or independaant download? Also, how many installed versions of Dynamo are on your PC?

Hi @Ewan_Opie, I’ve upgraded it by downloading the dynamo 1.3.2 from this link. Simply I uninstalled the old version and installed the new 1.3.2 exe file. I only had one latest version of dynamo installed

Didn’t work. same error

Hmm the DYN opens fine at this end (D1.3.2)
Can you inspect the DynamoSettings.xml to ensure that it is not blank and contains information such as the following?

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.3

If there is no information here (due to corrupt install) , that might explain why no node or package paths are found… :thinking: