Dynamo 0.8.x will not start

I am trying to update to Dynamo 0.8.x but it will simply not start when I double-click it. No GUI, no error messages, just nothing!. Revit does not show it either in the Add-ins. On the same machine, Dynamo 0.7.x works just fine in Sandbox mode as well as in Revit Add-in. It seems others here are having the same problem. Feels like an installation or Registry issue. I did a de-install of both 0.8.x and 0.7.x and re-downloaded, but problem persists.

Hello Wassim Jabi,

Are you not even able to Run DynamoSandbox.exe from this folder location C:\Program Files\Dynamo 0.8?

Few Questions.

1. Have you updated using Green Cloud button on your 0.7.5?

2. Was installation successful?

3. Can you check whether your Dynamo Addin pointing to correct Revit. C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins BAsed on your Revit Version check your Dynamo.addin file.

5th Line of that file should be like this (<Assembly>“C:\Program Files\Dynamo 0.8\Revit_2015\DynamoRevitVersionSelector.dll”</Assembly>)

Thanks,
Ritesh

I have the same issue Ritesh.

1. I did not. I simply uninstalled, went to DynamoBIM.org and downloaded the 0.8.0 version, then installed. I changed my C: to D: (My partitioned drive) and installed by changing nothing else.

2. Installation was sucessfull for the in-Revit version. But not the Sandbox.exe.

3. My Dynamo addin is pointing to the correct Revit. The 5th line is as you have it above.

I even tried installing in my C: directory to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Hi Ritesh,

1. Have you updated using Green Cloud button on your 0.7.5?

I tried both methods. Using the green cloud button and when Dynamo 0.8.x did not launch, I de-installed it and downloaded directly from the website. Still, it did not launch, so I de-installed Dynamo 0.8.x and Dynamo 0.7.x and re-downloaded just 0.8.x. Again, no luck. It does not launch.

1. Was installation successful?

Yes. It said it installed and I get the icon in the start menu and all the files seem to be there

1. Can you check whether your Dynamo Addin pointing to correct Revit. C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins BAsed on your Revit Version check your Dynamo.addin file.

5th Line of that file should be like this (<Assembly>”C:\Program Files\Dynamo 0.8\Revit_2015\DynamoRevitVersionSelector.dll”</Assembly>)

I do not have any Dynamo.addin file in that folder. I have to note that I have Revit 2014, not 2015.

P.S. In a slightly separate issue. I have the checkbox below checked for "Notify me of follow-up replies via email, but I never get any replies by email.

Hello Wassim Jabi,

So you were having Dynamo 0.7.5 installed on your machine with Revit 2014, then you updated to Dynamo 0.8.0 using green Cloud.

When you launched Revit 2014 there was no Dynamo 0.8.0, is that Correct?

Notification not working from post not working, will fix that soon.

Thanks,

Ritesh

Not only from within Revit, but the Standalone does not launch. The app is there, but clicking it briefly causes the cursor to turn into a spinning wheel then it returns to a cursor and nothing else happens. In the task manager, I see a process that briefly appears and then vanishes. Not enough time to even read its name.

Hello Wassim,

So the initial setup which I mentioned above was correct right?

Download video and let me know this is how you have updated and the setup was same as yours.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3jk7dIhDDPuTHI2c3ZqQ2s2eTA&authuser=0

Thanks,
Ritesh

An update: I don’t know exactly what I did or what changed, but now Dynamo 0.8 shows up as an AddIn in Revit 2014. It still does NOT launch as a standalone app. I am suspecting it has something to do with being logged in beforehand to the Autodesk 360 account.

Hi Wassim,

the issue with Dynamo standalone seems to be a common issue. Some other people and I, have it too. See the Topic of Isaac Mensah

Hope it will be fixed soon.

Wassim,

Try DynamoInstall0.8.1.20150416T2058 that works in standalone mode for me now

Hi Isaac,

I just downloaded it and installed it, but sadly it still will not run in standalone mode. It only works from within Revit’s Add-in menu.

Can you please try with the latest daily build: DynamoInstall0.8.1.20150513T0845.exe?