Dyanmo1.2 caused Revit 2017 to uninstall

Hi,

I have been using Dynamo with revit 2016 and had two versions installed at the same time 0.9 and the latest stable build 1.2.

My IT team just installed Revit 2017 for me and after they did this Dynamo1.2 disappeared when I was working in Revit 2016, so I decided to reinstall 1.2 to open a definition I had created earlier. However following the reinstall of dynamobim 1.2 my revit 2017 has just disappeared and seems to be no longer installed.

Is it possible to have dynamo 1.2 and revit 2017 installed on the same machine?

Hi @simon_murphy1

Try uninstalling completely Dynamo version 1.2 restart your PC and then reinstall.

1 Like

Hi,

Dynamo 0.9 and 1.2 are both working ok for me now in revit 2016.

Howevery revit 2017 seems to have completed disappeared from my computer, even the program folders for revit on the C drive are empty.

In that case unistall revit 2017 and then re-install. See if that helps.

May be @Michael_Kirschner @Zach_Kron can put some light on this.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I posted it on here just to make people aware of the issue. I am getting my IT team to reinstall revit but maybe I will lose dynamo1.2 again.

Cheers

However following the reinstall of dynamobim 1.2 my revit 2017 has just disappeared and seems to be no longer installed.

@simon_murphy1, do you mean to say that Dynamo 1.2 button is not available on add-in/manage tab on Revit 2017? Dynamo button has moved to manage tab in Revit 2017. Can you please check if it’s there?

If it’s not there, then can you please help me verify following:

1. After installing Dynamo 1.2 on the machine which has Revit 2016 and Revit 2017 installed, Dynamo is installed at folder C:\Program Files\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.2 and you see Revit_2016 and Revit_2017 folders available. If you don’t see Revit_2017 folder, then Dynamo 1.2 for 2017 is not installed, you might want to reinstall Dynamo 1.2, before this make sure you have launched Revit 2017 once.

2. If the first step is success then you might want to check the add-in file Dynamo.addin is present at C:\ProgramData\Aua todesk\Revit\Addins\2017. If the file is not present, then you can run C:\Program Files\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.2\DynamoAddInGenerator.exe file, it should create the required addin file.

I hope the above steps fixes your issue.

Nope I mean it uninstalled and deleted revit 2017.

Dynamo 0.9 and dynamo 1.2 are both working in revit 2016, but the revit 2017 was uninstalled from my computer when I ran the install dynamo 1.2 .exe file.