Duct Line tag

Hi guys hope someone out there could help me out… See I am involved on a project were numbering of the ducts are required, where we have to give it a unique sequence number and couple of other parameters describing the material, duct class, insulation type, duct size etc.(se pic below)

Every time this following parameters changes or there is branch of on the line, the duct gets the next sequence number:

1. AP Fire rate class
  2. AP Duct Line Size
  3. AP Duct Class

We have been doing this manually so far and we producing the D&ID’s for the customer soon and it’s a pain in the ass. I am rookie in Dynamo, but I know it is at least possible to get a quality check workflow so we can quality check these drawings before handing them over to the customer.

Basically what i am asking for is a script that follows the duct line and finds out there is a change in parameter 1 or 2 or 3 or branch off, and then sees if there are some ducts missing sequence number?

This my starting point… and i am still working on it,

Duct line check.dyn (26.8 KB)

Hi masudam,
I don’t quite understand what you are trying to achieve but it seems you are pretty new to Dynamo. I’ve made a few changes to your script that won’t get you the answer but might give you some more insight into how Dynamo works.
Duct line check.dyn (23.7 KB)

Thank for your answer @T_Pover, sorry for not being clear enough, i will give it another try…

The parameter “AP Duct Line Number” is constructed by this 7 folowing parameters:

1. L-77D(constant)
  2. AP Sequence No(unique number)
    3.Size
    4.System Type
    5.AP Duct Class
  3. AP Insulation Type
  4. AP Fire Rate Clas

The “AP Sequence No” is uniqe number and it depends on whether one of this parameters changes:

3.Size
5.AP Duct Class
7. AP Fire Rate Class
And
Flow

We have been doing this manually and i will like to create a graph that can quality check for eksempel:

• That there are not any duplicate of sequence numbers
  • Check if we have missed any duct parts
  • And how we can set values(new sequence number) for those duct parts that missing value

I am a rockie in Dynamo, but im trying my best, I will continue working and will post progress here.

Feel free to help me out I will appreciate that.

I think I understand. Have a look at the attached script, it uses a custom node from the Archi-lab package. I’ve created three groups that should kind of do the three things you want to do.Duct line check.dyn (35.7 KB)

Thank you for your help and guidance I really appreciate that, I am very close to the goal now… I have worked on the file you have sent me and I have added comments so it easier to understand. Look forward getting guidance from you:)

Duct line check 2.dyn (59.6 KB)

No problem. I’ve added 2 more node groups, one creates the running number 4000 and on. The other sends the elements ids to your clipboard, you can use that select the elements in Revit by going to the ‘Manage’ tab and then use ‘Select by ID’ and paste the id’s there.

The most difficult part of this workflow is trying to check whether there are changes in your duct parameters. I don’t think there’s a really good way of doing this with Dynamo. A few options that spring to mind are:

• Exporting id’s and parameters to Excel and on consequent runs checking for differences
  • Creating some kind of hash code that’s made up out of the parameters and checking those.

You could start by looking into the Excel export and import fuctions that Dynamo offers, but that’s a whole new topic. You might want to save it for later when you have become a bit more accustomed to Dynamo :slight_smile:Duct line check 2.dyn (67.1 KB)

1 Like

@T_Pover thanks for the help anyway, I will to develop it and continue to learn.

I am working on another graph, im sure you can guide me on this… I have started another thread here

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/hvac-duct-line-number-tag-numbering-in-the-sequence/22056?u=karthik_ramalingam

I am looking solution for the above requirement mentioned in this link.

Thanks and Regards,
KARTHIK.R