Updating workset

I am trying to update workset by selecting all elements in a level and then use filter on the selection… i am then moving the filtered elements in differents worksets while the rest of the selection goes into one workset “04_Level 1 - Duct System”. Here is a picture and the file…

Workset update.dyn (45.7 KB)

This reperesents only for one level and I have to do this for 8 levels… I think there must be a better way doing it. I hope someone can help me out with this?

Thanks for your help.

I think you should try to improve your filter. Isn’t there a smarter way to decide which element goes to which workset? Maybe based on category? Or another option would be to create a 3D view per workset and setting all elements in that 3D view to a particular workset.

@T_Pover you are right it is a an easier way to do this. I have developed the graph and this is what it does…

1. Get all the elements that are going into the general worksets(Scope Box, Penetrations, Level and Grids etc.) and set them to the right workset.
  2. I am trying to get all elements in a level, filter out all element in general worksets and assign the rest in the level to a workset.
  3. Repeat this for all levels.

This is where i need some help on…

1. Filtering the elemnts in generel workset

Sorry if I am not clear enough, here is a picture and the file

Workset update in progress.dyn (44.8 KB)