Drawing register to Excel

Hi, I’m trying to create a drawing register to export to Excel, I’m quite new on dynamo so I’m struggling a bit. I managed to get a list with all the sheets I want, with the sheet number and sheet name. I got the list with the sheets and its revisions and the dates of each revision. But I’d like to join the revisions and dates all remove the duplicated dates and have all the revisions in each date as in the following screenshot.

Any idea how to do it?

The input of the Sheets is the same input for the Element.Name node, so branch it (make a second wire).
Do not sort in Dynamo. Let excel do the work
Element.Name gives you the SheetName, in the same order as the Revisions.
GetParameterByName is another option

Hi, thanks for the tips. The only problem I’m having is to join the revision date and revision number. I’m not trying to sort in dynamo.

Sorry, didn’t get how I’d be able to join the list as I have in the excel screenshot
When exporting the list to excel the result should be like this:

Might be handy…

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the video! it’s super helpful. The only had I’m finding to update in my script is that you used “X” in the revisions dates and then the revision sequence, I’m not managing how to replace the “X” by the actual revision number, the “Current” revision column is not that important, but if there a way to just replace the “X” would be great.

Any idea?

That’s my old one. This one does revisions as per sheet:

Hi, I tried to use the python scrip but got two issue.
If I just export from python without using the “String.Join” node I get the following:

And if I use the “string,join” it exports to excel all in one row

Any idea why?
I checked many times it’s the same python code as you’ve done in the video

Also it seems to be duplicating the revision dates, should it just one column per date?

Cheers

on dynamo it seems to be working fine. But when I export to excel

Bad list structure. Watch near the end of the workflow and make sure to match my list lacing and level inputs after python.